|Susan E. McCabe, Attorney/Mediator
750 Kimball Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
Should I Consider Mediation or Collaborative Family Law Representation?
Are You Concerned About:
- The impact of your separation, divorce, or conflict/dispute on your children?
- How to minimize the disharmony, stress, and mistrust often associated with these situations and transitions in life?
- The costs associated with resolving a divorce or your dispute?
- Relinquishing control to others for decisions that will affect your life and the lives of your children?
- How to communicate and express your opinions effectively to the other person?
- How you and the other parent will decide your parenting and financial matters during this transition?
- The length of time a typical traditional court-based divorce/court decision takes?
- How you will fair financially after the divorce/separation?
- How to establish and maintain a co-parenting relationship with the other parent?
- Maintaining your respect and dignity during this difficult time in your life?
- Reaching agreements that both you and the other person/parent will follow and honor?
- Identifying and addressing all the needs of everyone involved?
- How you will co-parent with the other parent after the divorce is finalized?
Read on to Learn More About Mediation and Collaborative Practice
“Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them the nominal winner is often a real loser - in fees, expenses, and waste of time. As a peacemaker, the lawyer has a superior opportunity of being a good man...”
This website is designed for general informational purposes only. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.